PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS, SKIM THROUGH IT AND HOPEFULLY REBLOG IT SO WE CAN HELP GIVE CHILDREN A BETTER CHANCE TO LIVE!
SO MY FRIEND ELLA IS DOING THE WORLDS GREATEST SHAVE. YOU CAN VISIT HER BLOG IF YOU WANT (macmamma.tumblr.com) SHE WANTS TO RAISE $5000. I KNOW, IT’S A HUGE ASK BUT IT CAN BE DONE. WE’VE STILL GOT TILL MARCH 15TH.
THE WEBSITE TO HER PAGE:
http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=417227Definition of leukemia: Cancer that starts in blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow and causes large numbers of blood cells to be produced and enter the bloodstream.
- Every four minutes someone in America is diagnosed with a blood cancer. Every ten minutes someone dies from it
- Leukemia is a type of cancer that develops from blood cells produced in bone marrow.
- An estimate of 43,000 people developed leukemia in 2012
- Lymphoma refers to blood cancer that develops in the lymphatic system. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is now the fifth most common cancer in the United States.
- An estimated 628,000 people were living with lymphoma in 2010.
- The blood cancers leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma make up almost 1 in 10 cancer-related deaths in America every year.
- Leukemia causes about 1/3 of all cancer deaths among children under 15.
- Leukemia is the most common cancer in children under 20.
- Current procedures require that a bone marrow donor gives 5% or less of his or her marrow, allowing cells to replace themselves in 4-6 weeks time.
YOU CAN ALSO READ STORIES ABOUT PEOPLE WITH THIS DISEASE ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES:
PLEASE HELP, EVEN IF ITS JUST REBLOGGING FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO SEE
I know this has nothing to do with Cupcakes, but what my friend is doing is incredible and extremely selfless, please read, donate, or reblog. Any help in anyway is much appreciated :)